Saturday, 30 April 2016

Trying to be Healthy: Snacks

Today I have a slightly different post, but none the less something that I love! Since starting university it has seemed so much harder to make sure I am both doing the amount exercise I am used to and also making healthy food choices. Many factors have meant I have had little control over both these aspects of my life. One key being paying to live in catered halls has meant I am slightly restricted on the amount of food options I have. Plus, sadly at the start of the year a recurring sports injury reared its ugly head again leaving me unable to run and do many sports so I’ve been slightly conscious of not overdoing exercise for fear of doing more lasting damage.

Healthy eating has always been very much on my radar and I am all for having some of ‘the bad’ stuff too in moderation. I always find my day seems to be much more productive if I can look forward to some kind of snack throughout the day. Working on an empty stomach does not suit me… cue a hangry Ella.

Therefore, I wanted to show you a few things I have got this week while food shopping and what I received in my Graze Box to have for my snacks.
In my graze box: Mango & Coconut Protein Yoghurt Topper with a Mango Coulis, Original Fruity Flapjack with dried apricot and seeds, Honeycomb Crunch with almonds and raisins, Peanut Butter and Pretzel Sticks.
I have just eaten the Flapjack which was absolutely delicious considering often I can’t stand dried fruit in flapjacks! I just love how easy your order is to manage with Graze allowing you to tailor your box to your needs, dietary requirements and how often you want a box delivered. The packaging is pretty insane too with individual pots that are perfect to take to the office or have on the go.

Food shopping: Banana Soreen Loaf, Jamie Oliver Tomato and Olive Quinoa, Kallo Paprika Ricecakes
The Soreen loaf got eaten up very quickly as it’s all squidgy and gooey but tastes very similar to my Mum’s homemade banana bread. I will definitely have to repurchase this as it is slightly better for you than a lot of other teatime treats. The mini lunchbox ones also look very appealing too! I have yet to try the Jamie Oliver quinoa but thought it was worth a try being on special offer. The Kallo ricecakes were also on special offer. These are spicer than I thought they would be. I have to say I do prefer the sweet ones in the range, but these are still delicious.

Did you like this post? Would you like to see more of this kind of thing?

1 comment:

  1. Love this post :) debating getting Graze myself when I start uni....and I am sorry but you are welcome for the banana soreen recommendation ;) x

    ReplyDelete