Saturday, 9 April 2016

4 Series I am loving on Netflix


Gone are the days where we need to wait for the DVD boxset to compulsively watch our favourite TV series. It is now easier than ever to binge watch our favourite films or TV on demand through numerous forms of TV monthly subscriptions or through catch up TV.
I hold my hands up and admit I am a massive fan of catch up and on demand TV services as it gives me the flexibility to watch what I want, where I and when I want. My definite guilty pleasure is getting into my pyjamas and binge watching a new series recommended to me by a friend. I have so many things I want to watch but here is what I have watched and loved recently:
Grantchester: The second series of this has just finished set in the 1950s starring the rather handsome James Norton as a village parish vicar who combines forces with a police detective to solve various crimes. The series is set in some beautiful areas. A definite watch if you like crime dramas with a bit of romance. ITV have also commissioned another series…!!
Call the Midwife: Another series set in the 1950s and 60s (can you see a trend already emerging in the kind of things I love watching!?) which follows the lives of a group of East London midwives and their patients. I love a bit of history and the series seems to cover some important life messages that make it a brilliant watch. I have laughed, cried and smiled through the many twists and turns of this programme.

Vicar of Dibley: After many years I decided this series was something that needed a rewatch. A total classic in our household and luckily something that everyone is happy to watch. As the name suggests the main character is a vicar and her hilarious parish. Alice’s wedding has me in stiches every time I watch it.

House: I am without doubt late to the party on this one. My Dad and brother watched all the seasons for this a few years ago, but I never really got into it. However, it wasn’t until I really gave it a few episodes that I got into it. The series follows Dr. House and his many clashes with other doctors over diagnosing his patients with some very exotic diseases.

Maybe that has given you some inspiration for your next TV binge. I would love to know what you have been loving as I'm always on the look out for new things to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment