After my post on some reflections of 2015 I think it is
now important for me to look towards 2016 and what goals I am hoping to
achieve.
Obviously, there are the few health ones that everyone
sets each year which are often set when motivation is high after a good
refreshing and often indulgent holiday. However, often these goals are never
sustained for a prolonged period of time.
1. Drinking
more water. Something that I know I am really bad at!- those dark circles will
not go away by themselves! So far this resolution seems to be going pretty well
and the added ease of being at my desk a lot of the time has made filling up my
water bottle that much easier than when I am on the go. We will see when exams
finish whether this is kept up.
2. Make
an effort to go running or do some form of exercise at least 3 or 4 times a
week. I am literally dying to get back into running but with the sun not rising
till well after I have eaten breakfast this has not been an exact successful.
3. Keep
up the healthy eating, do not turn towards the easy and convenient option. Yes,
pizza is great, but your body will thank you. I have taken the step this year to
give up crisps… I know quite random but I want to see if I can go without them.
I thought it was just too difficult to try and give up cake, maybe that can be
a trial thing over Lent??
For some more personal goals/resolutions for the year:
1. Make
every effort to speak to your friends at home. I don’t just mean my closest
friends but also others I felt particularly close to. They may appreciate a
message out of the blue just to say you are thinking of them.
2. Keep
up your cooking and baking!! This is one of the things I love the most.
Currently, I am in catered halls of residence so getting most of my cooking done
for me. Although, I am pretty sure that being back at home my Mum would more
than appreciate a night off cooking or just simply getting my creative juices
flowing.
3. Take
more pictures! If 2015 taught me anything it is that so many moments are
special. If I look at my wall right now covered in pictures they make me so happy and
allow me to remember a moment in time.
4. Make
every effort to keep up my blog. One: it is good for me to get stuff down. Two:
it will be a good way to look back on what has happened throughout the year.
Ella xx
No comments:
Post a Comment