How time truly does fly. I am currently sitting on a train between Southampton and Exeter, as I am off to visit a friend who is studying Spanish down there. So far some of the views of open fields, (and LOTS OF COWS- well in comparison to Southampton) have been a bit of welcome scenic change from the constant hustle and bustle that Southampton seems to offer. This landscape is definitely more of what I am used to living in rural Gloucestershire and seems much more familiar than city life.
In no way am I saying that I don’t enjoy city life because both city and country living certainly both have their perks, but surprisingly I found the transition to city life much easier than I expected.
I think there is so much pressure on students nowadays to
feel they need to make best friends really quickly and then settle on renting
on a house before Christmas. I feel you need more time to actually get to know
the people you are living with and there is plenty of time to look at housing
in January, or even February. As a group we have a rough idea of where we want
to live and generally most of us mutually agree on what we are looking for when
choosing to rent somewhere. Quite a scary, yet exciting thought that I am going
to sign my first tenancy agreement before I even turn 19!...
Every day at university surprises me in some way. There
is always something that changes- may it be some boy related drama that a
friend is having (more of my own in another blog post??), work related or
something going at home. The last 10 weeks have been something of an emotional
rollercoaster. I have realised where some of my strengths are and reinforced
where my weaknesses lie. I can’t say university has been really hard, but I
have definitely learnt to be much more self-reliant especially when it comes to
my work. Your time is most definitely your own to choose what you do with. This
is totally obvious to me with ‘TV Dan’ who lives above my room and plays FIFA
all day with the boys on his corridor. I literally have no idea when he does
any work??
Ella xx
No comments:
Post a Comment