Thursday, 12 May 2016

A Moment of Reflection

I decided for this week I wanted to do a slightly reflective post. I stopped writing a diary when I first started at university which I really miss. I got into bed a few days ago and just for a few seconds I lay there thinking about the last year and what has happened in this space of time. On occasions like this I would go back to consult my diary to see how I was feeling, see where I’ve come from and how things have changed but lots of those memories and in the moment emotions have obviously never been written down.

I am currently about a week away from starting my exams for the end of my first year of university. Funnily enough I was doing virtually exactly the same thing last year and was stressing over preparing for the most important exams of my life, so far. Many people will know that my exams don’t count towards my degree this year so maybe I’m slightly less stressed this year. I’ve learnt so much about myself in the last year- my taste in boys or maybe lack of taste?! That is most certainly open to debate. I’ve had to learn to make new friends meeting some of the kindest people ever but missed some of the ones I already had.
The last year has been crazy with doing a major house move, passing my driving test- goodness the freedom that has given me, getting contact lenses. I’ve realised that having to do adult things is not all that its cracked up to be. Signing tenancy agreements for renting a house and learning to pay bills was a tad scary but something I knew I had to do.
I feel so much is yet to come especially over the next two years, but I am thankful for the all the experiences that I have had over the last 12 months which have helped me develop and become stronger. Who knows what’s ahead?

No comments:

Post a Comment