Wednesday, 23 March 2016

6 Tiny Ways to Make Someone's Day

I've wanted to write a post like this for a bit. It is not about the material things in life and often the cheapest, simplest things offer the most happiness to someone else.

1) Giving your unwanted things to a charity shop
I am currently in the process of moving house so now is the perfect opportunity for me to sort through my unwanted things. Charity shops are always in need of more things. You may not like your floral tops but I am sure someone else will!

2) Smiling at People
Something as small as this makes someone know you have acknowledged them and make them feel appreciated. I often found it difficult to speak to people I don’t know that well but often a smile as I pass them in the corridor or around campus makes them know I care.

3) Leave a message for someone to pick up
This may be sending them a message to tell them you are thinking of them, a sticky note on their desk or sending them a personal letter with something thoughtful inside.

4) Compliment someone on their outfit or hair for the day
I can’t tell you how happy I am when someone compliments me on something. It makes me feel like someone is taking an interest in me.

5) Bake or buy something to share in the office, at school or social gathering
This may not cost you very much but it shows you have thought about everyone else. A little bit of sugar never goes amiss. This kind of thing makes my day too!

6) Ask someone how they are
Allow yourself to be a listening ear, sometimes just showing that you can take the time out of your day to empathise and be thoughtful to someone else is a massive help.
Ella xx
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment